The entrance to the museum stands next to the church portal. The history of the monastery, from the foundation in 1126 to its violent end in 1802, is clearly illustrated in a few rooms. These belonged to the last imperial abbot, Thaddäus Aigler, who donated them to the parish of Roggenburg at his death in 1822, for the sake of fighting poverty. He wished "to keep them together in one place, because they belong to the history of Roggenburg".
The following pieces of religious art, mainly concerned with the subjects of Baroque, folk piety, and the history of the order in the 17th and 18th century, are the heart of the exhibition: pieces of goldsmith´s work from Augsburg, artistic pieces of embroidery, and various frescoes of the painters Franz Martin Kuen and Konrad Huber.